Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Who Am I?

Well, I was thinking, maybe people want to know who I am, and a little bit about me. Seemed only fitting to maybe share some details since I'm attempting this whole blogging thing and all.

As you've noticed by my profile, I'm currently 29, going to turn the big 3-0 in April. Something about that scares me, I don't want to turn 30. Seems alot of people feel the same way, so at least I don't feel so weird saying it. I'm married - have been for 6 years now. Been together with my hubby since I was 18, this year marks this 11 year mark of being together. June 5th to be exact. Some days seems like it's been longer, other's it seems like yesterday. Weird how it goes like that eh? Anyways, in our time together, we've had 4 kids. Christopher is my oldest, he just turned 10 in November. Next we had Cameron who is 7. Then 3 years ago in December we had one of the greatest gifts a person could ever ask for: our little girl Heather. I say she was the greatest gift because hubby's family is all boys, some genetic thing. I love my boys to pieces, but the fact that we were the ones to finally break the 'curse' just sent us up and over the moon, and we couldn't have thought of a better time of year to have her! Then, last but not least we have the baby of the family. Little Hailey was born in May - yet another huge break in the family 'curse'. One girl is a miracle, but 2, back to back like that is unheard of lol. Guess we just got lucky! She's just about 8 months old. Most people ask me this question and I'm sure anyone reading this might ask/think the same thing: are we done yet? The answer is, well, we don't know. We think so, but really, I don't think it really matters. I know that if I do have more people are going to say some crap about why do I 'need' more kids, why so many, blah blah blah. I do worry about what people say/think about me on an every day basis just because that's who I am, and I do know that it doesn't matter what other's think, it's OUR life, and if we had 10 kids then hey, it's MY 10 kids, not theirs. I just hate being talked about especially for something that's supposed to be exciting, you know?

Anyways, I'm originally a city girl, born and raised in good old Toronto, Ontario. I now live in a small town about 8 hours north in Northern Ontario. Why am I in a small town when originally from the city you wonder? Well, the answer is simple. After my grandfather passed away my parents decided to buy a house up here, seeing my grandmother was from the area. After they realized that the town isn't what it used to be, they decided to leave and I stayed behind. I didn't want to move again, so, here I am! Glad I did because who knows what kind of life I would have had, had I stayed with them, and I know that I wouldn't have met such a great guy who would become my husband and the father of my kids. I'm sure I would have, but not as fast as I did lol.

Well, I need to peel potatoes for dinner, so that's it for me for now. Hope you're all having a wonderful day!

~ Kristina (BloomingRose).

No comments:

Post a Comment