Monday, January 17, 2011

Lifes Greatest Things.

Hey everyone, hope this week is good to you! I know it's been quite a few days since I've last written, but been busy!

Anyways, todays blog is brought to you by one of lifes greatest things - kids. Today my 3 year old daughter who attends a preschool program every day, for 2 1/2 hours in the morning, came home with a big pile of artwork she's done. In it was one page with handprints, another with footprints, and many more with dinosauras and lots and lots of sparkles. Now, my daughter is a proud little girl when it comes to her art, she's always very quick to show her dad when he comes home from work as well as her brothers.

Today we were looking at what she had made before she went up for her afternoon nap. The sheer excitement that came from her as we unrolled and looked at every piece was great. She explained to me that a foam circle she glued to one page with a dinosaur was a doughnut for him to eat, and she had painted it purple cause 'that's his favourite'. When we were all done looking, she asked me this question that brought tears to my eyes: Do you love it mom? I made it just for you and dad!!"

My heart melted and it was all I could do from letting the tears flow. Of course I answered that I did love it, and thank you very much, at which point I got an extremely proud "You're welcome mommy!!".

Kids. No matter what they do to make you angry you always gotta be prepared for what they're going to come out with next, because it's things like that, that make you forget all about any wrong doings they've done for the day.

Well, that's all for now.

Till next time.

Kristina.

No comments:

Post a Comment